Thursday, January 20, 2011

White Pitcher with Lemon

"White Pitcher with Lemon", 9 x 9 In, Oil on Museum Board
With the second of my palette knife experiments I find I am learning some cool stuff--the neurons are connecting. I will try to describe at least some of this at the end of the series. For now what I can say is that one benefit of working with an unfamiliar method of painting pretty much eliminates the worst thoughts about doing it the "right" or "wrong" way.

Purchase this unframed painting.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

3 comments:

  1. Super nice! The edges are so lovely. Absolutely agree about eliminating the "right/wrong" mindset, too. It's a license to try, without expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this painting. The reflection of the lemon on the pitcher is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kathryn and Virginia! Every painting is a lesson. This one was a second try at a painting I originally did with a brush and I just hated it! The palette knife really helped me to change my relationship to it.

    ReplyDelete