Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lake Lenore

5/5/10 "Lake Lenore", 8" x 10", Oil
Painting out of doors after being in the studio for most of the winter is a humbling experience.  Dealing with all the gear and nature's elements as part of the outdoor painting experience is both exhilarating and sometimes a great challenge.  This was the first painting I did on the trip to Dry Falls.  Lake Lenore is part of a long string of lakes and coulee's that were created by the Missoula Floods during the ice ages.  It is a dry, rocky, windy and deserty area with a lot of sage and usually a lot of sun.  I rushed off to SE Washington at the end of the trip because my daughter had broken her foot, so I'm not sure this photo I took of the painting is very accurate.  I can see some small areas I probably would have "fixed up" and I still might when I get back, but in the spirit of posting a daily painting--here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment