Thursday, December 11, 2014

Girl in Red


"Girl in Red", Oil on Museum Board, 12 x 10

I'm still working on trying to restrict time on these small portraits to one hour, though I think maybe this went went another half hour. When I was done, I couldn't remember when I started! I am still thinking about Leonard Cohen's lyrics: "Ring the bells that still can ring Forget your perfect offering There is a crack in everything That's how the light gets in". I'm trying to figure out how to link to the video--if anybody knows how--please let me know!

Purchase this unframed painting.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

1 comment:

  1. That is a most profound quote! Which song is that? BTW I love the monochromatic look of this piece. It gives it a certain "Je ne sais que". :)

    ReplyDelete