Thursday, January 1, 2015

Girl in White Dress - NFS



"Girl in White Dress", 14 x 11 In, Oil on Canvas Board
I'm still experimenting with the Zorn palette (Cadmium Red Lightt, Yellow Ochre, Ivory Black, White). The only zinc white I could find in my studio was so hard I had to throw it away, but I did find some Titanium/Zinc. Curious what you all who use zinc white think about its consistency. Also, my new year's resolution is to get all really bad stuff out of my studio, so I did this painting who no mineral spirirts or turp--definitely a challenge. Ordered some spike lavender painting medium today--hope I got the right stuff.

2 comments:

  1. The delicate features are emphasized by the color harmony .
    I have a friend who only uses the walnut oil from Graham. She did scads of research first. It also cleans her brushes and she wipes them well on paper towel then washes them.
    Check out the site. http://mgraham.com/products/oil-paints/
    Be careful of the water soluble oils. They are mixed with DETERGENT to make them that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie--thanks for the tips--I do use MGraham walnut oil--have for years. But also use Classic Oils which I buy in caulking tube size. May have to rethink that.

    ReplyDelete