Sunday, March 13, 2011

Meg in Green - NFS

"Meg in Green", 12 x 9 In, Oil on Panel
After "Lincoln" yesterday, the aim of this painting was to lay down the paint and leave it alone! There is such a tendency to second guess that original vision when the mind is most in the right brain. Sometimes there are critical structural things that need to be fixed, but often its just a matter of nuance and "fixing" things leads often to a deadening of the surface quality, the color and the freshness of the painting, at least for me. I didn't totally succeed in that aim with this painting, but I did pretty well. The thing is, if I really need to repaint a passage, I should remember to scrape off what is there first. That generally makes the second attempt more successful. This painting was also done from a black and white photo.

1 comment:

  1. The colors are wonderful! That is definitely talent from a black and white photo!

    ReplyDelete