Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dreaming - NFS

"Dreaming", 10 x 8 In, Oil on Panel
There is nothing more emotional for me than to paint my daughters. I just need to remember more often when they are home to grab the camera.

For many months now I have been posting every day with the exception of some trips where I did not have access to the internet and before I discovered that I could schedule postings ahead. At times I painted several days ahead in order to have enough material to continue to post every day while I was away. However, this coming month I have some family things and I will not be able to post every day. Thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to leave comments of support. I really appreciate it and I'm very happy to be part of this community.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Kathryn,
    Wishing you all the best in handling your personal matters. I admire that you were able to paint and post during the challenges you've faced. I haven't been able to, but hope to find balance, soon. Sometimes it's not easy. The portraits you've been painting are amazing. This one has such a wonderful light. Clearly painted with love—as has been obvious with others. Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, thank you for all the wonderful paintings and thoughtful blog post text. I have not only enjoyed your paintings as beautiful works of art, but have learned much from them and your comments on painting them. I will look forward to your posts as they come and wish you all the best in whatever comes your way. - Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn,
    Your blog has been one of my favorites to visit and always learn. You are one of the best at sharing and trying to tell what you have learned and why. Really appreciate your doing that for us out here in blog world.
    The paintings of your daughters are simply beautiful and I can see the emotion you put into them. I hope to be good enough one day to paint my daughters.
    As always, I will enjoy and look forward to your posts when you can and know that you will missed and thought about:) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for your comments. After painting ahead for my driving trip with my daughter a couple of weeks ago, I realized I just didn't have the energy to do it again so soon for upcoming family events in April. So my goal is to post at least every other day for this month and try not to get too stressed out. Being stressed doesn't further the painting process! Anyway, I really appreciate your support and your comments!

    ReplyDelete