Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lake Powell - SOLD

"Lake Powell", 8 x 10 In, Oil on Panel
This is a funky little painting where I wanted to get the feel of the cool greens of the lake and the orange/pinks of the cliffs.

I should be back from New Zealand by today, but probably jet lag will keep me from writing anything new in the posts. So I will tell you today (Friday in NZ) about yesterday. We went on an overnight boat trip in Milford Sound on the southwestern coast of the South Island--the rock walls of the extremely high mountains were nearly vertical coming down to the water and because of rain the day before there were multiple water falls--it is difficult to describe just how beautiful it was--

5 comments:

  1. This is a funky little painting.Good colors mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on this one, Kathryn. Look forward to seeing pictures from your trip. The boat trip must have been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color and composition! Hope you are home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely the same thing I thought--a "funky little painting." One wonders about posting those sometimes! I am home and it will take me awhile to sort through my photos and I'm going to Portland tomorrow to paint with some other folks, so it will be a little while before I am organized with my travel photos. Thank you all for following my blog while I was away in NZ--a wonderful place to go in the North America winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful little painting. I love the complementary colors in the rocks and water. Your vacation sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete