Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ioana - NFS

"Ioana", 14 x 11 In, Oil on Panel
There are many dark tones in this painting and little white. I like the feeling of the warm light.

I'm back from New Zealand and I didn't paint at all there, but took many photos and maybe some will turn into paintings. What a wonderful place to go in the winter! It reminded me so much of Washington State--the rain forest on the coast, the lakes that looked just like the Columbia River, the dry hills of the interior that could have been around Wenatchee.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Kathryn.

    Very interesting about New Zealand reminding you so much of Washington ... I would never have guessed it. Again, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy--thanks--yes, NZ is very much like WA state.

    ReplyDelete