Friday, February 10, 2012

Desert Evening

"Desert Evening", 10 x 12 In, Oil on Museum Board
This painting is about distance and the warmth of the setting sun.

Our hiking trip in the Mt. Aspiring National Park in New Zealand was incredible, and yes, I came out with very wet boots which are still drying out. In the heat of the day on the trail it felt so good to walk knee deep through the many streams, but I have to say that hiking for four days in wet boots is strange and at the end of each day, I was ecstatic to get out of the wet boots into dry socks and crocks.  The rock walls of the mountains in the Aspiring wilderness are towering and when I get back, I will post photos on facebook.

Purchase this unframed painting for $265.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the warm colors. Your composition is good, too. I want to put on boots and walk into your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, really beautiful. It captures a time and place so I feel I am there.

    Wet feet. I wonder...Did your feet turn white and wrinkly? Glad you are enjoying yourself so much and I appreciate you keeping the personal voice to your blog while on your trip.

    ReplyDelete