Saturday, February 4, 2012

Girl with Pink Jacket

"Girl with Pink Jacket", 12 x 9 In, Oil on Panel
This was another experiment with using even less white and also using thick paint, a thoroughly enjoyable exercise and kind of out there for me.

When you read this, I will be in the Aspiring National Park on the South Island of New Zealand on a four-day backpacking trip--going in by small plane and out by jet boat, along with the hiking. The guide told us this afternoon that there are many rivers to cross and that in New Zealand you just wade through them all and get wet feet, wet boots and wet socks, a prospect I am still contemplating at the moment of writing this--it goes against all my wilderness experience expectations! So I will let you know about the New Zealand way when I get back!

Purchase this unframed painting.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

3 comments:

  1. Oh have a safe trip!
    It'll be a great time, what an adventure! Such fun!
    Can hardly wait to hear about it!

    No white paint huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, you still managed to show the highlights... wow, no white paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beautiful colors in this.

    I'm curious to know how your adventure is going. Did you get wet feet?

    ReplyDelete