Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting on the Road

"Waiting on the Road", 12 x 8 In, Oil on Panel
Back from my trip driving half way across the country with my daughter, I finally got into the studio today after not painting for a week! It is strange that even as I sometimes yearn for days off, I don't feel complete if I haven't smushed paint around at least part of the day. I think its time to put together a little water color kit for these off days. So I approached this painting almost strictly as an exercise, with few and simple brushstrokes.

Purchase this unframed painting.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

4 comments:

  1. Shy girl just pops off the painting- love that. The colors are fabulous. Wonderful job- you were just itching to paint and this is so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the expression you captured, whole body and all. Happy smushing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dear painting, the colors are wonderful, and the child seems so sweet. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete