Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blue Vase - SOLD

"Blue Vase", 16 x 12 In, Oil on Panel
It is odd that each day's painting experience is different--the energy with which I approach the painting and whether the painting quickly comes together or I struggle with it. One thing I was taught that I find myself doing frequently with the bigger panels is to scrape off passages that don't work. This painting didn't paint itself and also did not require extreme re-painting but was somewhere in between--so I will just call it the experiment of the day.

4 comments:

  1. It's glorious and it LOOKS effortless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kathryn, i left a lobster blog award for you on my blog, stop by and pick it up! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just been scrolling thru catching up with your latest. This is my favorite. Very beautiful and doesn't look like you had to work at it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments--I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete