Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oil Bottle with Herbs - SOLD

"Oil Bottle with Herbs", 10 x 8 In, Oil on Museum Board SOLD
I have a tendency to paint things over and over. I like to paint certain jars, pots and spoons. I like to paint apples. One of the objects I like is this square bottle of oil with herbs in it because of the beautiful colors and because of the size of the bottle--not too big and not too small. There is some precedent for this habit of rearranging the same props over and over found in the work of one of my favorite still life painters, Giorgio Morandi.

3 comments:

  1. I also paint things over and over. It helps me learn. I love the repetition of a series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color and brushwork in this painting. I have been enjoying your still life work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep coming back to this one. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete