Friday, January 20, 2017

Rocks and Waves


"Rocks and Waves", 10 x 12 In, Oil on Museum Board

Sometimes I struggle with a painting. This one I did twice, thinking the second time I could resolve the problems, which mainly had to do with basic lifelessness. But the second one was just as bad. So I got mad. I took my #10 brush, loaded it up with paint that was not at all the color I had thought was the right color, just sort of random color that was on my palette mixed with other random color, and with abandon randomly painted over what was there, sort of with my eyes closed--metaphorically speaking. I let something else "decide." And it was surprisingly much better! The next day there were a couple of things I thought I would "fix", until I realized that was the whole point. This must be a metaphor for a certain attitude toward life, but I admit I can't quite make it out--how random it actually is.

Purchase this painting framed.
Purchase this painting unframed.
Contact me for questions about this painting.

2 comments: