Sunday, June 3, 2012

Zangle Cove

"Zangle Cove", 10 x 12 In, Oil on Museum Board
Sometimes I want to close my eyes and paint--not just in my imagination, but with paint actually coming onto the canvas. Maybe it is a kind of physical/mental metaphor for painting without having any thoughts about how it should be done--those thoughts that are so hard to get rid of. This is a 10 minute painting done from the view out the back of my house "with my eyes closed."

Purchase this unframed painting.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

4 comments:

  1. Love this Kathy, especially the brush strokes. Also you have really captured the color harmony. You have a talent for that. Done any watercolors lately? I picked up a nice paint box of Winsor Newton Watercolors in New York City at an amazing art supply store called New York Central Art Supply. I had discovered their online store last year so I "had" to look them up. It was worth it. They have an amazing inventory.
    blessings my friend. R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Randy--I should do some watercolors--that was a lot of fun. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling, palette and mark. Love it.

    A bit Bomberg/Auerbach-esque with a touch of Soutine action painting stylee? I really like it.

    ReplyDelete