Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Shadows

"Shadows", 12 x 12 In, Oil on Museum Board
For those wondering about museum board, its a practice I learned from Bill Reese years ago as he often used it for his small plein air paintings. I like using Risings museum board because both sides are good, unlike another brand I tried about 10 years ago. I buy 32 x 40 sheets and prepare them before cutting into small panels with my mat cutter. If anyone wants to know how I prepare them, just send me an email.

Purchase this unframed painting for $300.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous colors and values. Your work is a real treat for the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the composition and colors in the light and shadows! it glows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you TJ and Dottie for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please Kathryn, we would like to know more about your boards. Thanks

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure how to get to your email, but I'd like to know how you prepare your museum board. I love your work, and color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all -- if you want a copy of my paper on how to prepare museum board for painting, send me an email to kath.townsend@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete