Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Desert Girl

"Desert Girl", 10 x 8, Oil on Panel
The expanse of countryside northwest of the Atlas Mountains in Morocco along the coast is green and fertile--not what I expected. But on the other side of the mountains we stayed in a desert camp by the dunes. It was beautiful and we hiked one day to a Berber camp about two miles away. The young girl was in the tent with her mother when we crowded in to talk. She was extremely shy.

Purchase this unframed painting.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful soft color scheme, It enhances her skin tones and has an 'old world' feel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary--thank you for your comment! This was one of the first paintings I did when I got back from the trip and I will still in major jet lag. Its an odd experience to paint under those circumstances.

    ReplyDelete