Welcome to my Studio!


Daily Oil Paintings of Kathryn Townsend. The paintings posted on this blog are a journal of process. Daily practice, exploration and experimentation are the life blood of the artist's way.

All images are copyright of Kathryn Townsend Website: http://KathrynTownsend.com

“A man learns to skate by staggering around making a fool of
himself: indeed he progresses in all things by making a fool of
himself.” --George Bernard Shaw


Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sundown Escalante

"Sundown Escalante", 8 x 10 In, Oil on Museum Board
I'm still not done with painting images from Utah--maybe because it has been raining here so much. I want to keep remembering the colors and sunlight as it gets even darker, grayer and colder in the Northwest.

Purchase this unframed painting for $115.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn,

    I recently discovered your blog, and just wanted to say that I just love this southern Utah canyon country series you've been doing; you've captured the magical quality of the Colorado Plateau in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonya--thank you. Its amazing country.

    ReplyDelete