Welcome to my Studio!


Daily Oil Paintings of Kathryn Townsend. The paintings posted on this blog are a journal of process. Daily practice, exploration and experimentation are the life blood of the artist's way.

All images are copyright of Kathryn Townsend Website: http://KathrynTownsend.com

“A man learns to skate by staggering around making a fool of
himself: indeed he progresses in all things by making a fool of
himself.” --George Bernard Shaw


Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Last Light Escalante

"Last Light Escalante", 8 x 12 In, Oil on Panel
I still have a few more Utah paintings since I painted ahead for the holidays. This one is basically about color patterns. The snow is still on the ground here around Puget Sound and my cats are flummoxed by this cold white stuff--and I'm still dreaming about the warm colors of the Southwest.

Purchase this unframed painting for $135.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

2 comments:

  1. You have really captured the light on those red cliffs. Exactly as I remember them.
    Happy Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally--I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too! Thanks so much for your comment.

    ReplyDelete