Saturday, June 19, 2010

Meg in White Blouse - NFS

6/19/10 "Meg in White Blouse", 16" x 12", Oil
I didn't paint today because I was getting ready for my trip to California.  This was one of the sketches I did last Saturday when the sun was actually shining and I set my daughter up outside on the patio.  But alas, about an hour after starting the guys with the lawn mower and weed whacker came, we retreated inside and never did get back to working on it--the sun had changed too much.  So this is a "before" and hopefully when Peggi's workshop is over there will be some "afters" and I will have learned something new.  Meanwhile, I have a few extra paintings from the last week to post but when those run out, I will be taking a break from posting until the beginning of next week.

I've had this wicker rocking chair for years--I think I bought it in Germany in 1985.  The other day I found a painting by Sorolla in one of his books with a young woman sitting in a chair that looks exactly like this one. 

Thank you so much to all of you who voted for me on the Daily Painters contest.  I didn't win, but I did come in 4th, which was way beyond my expectations.

1 comment:

  1. Your "before" is pretty darn good! Your shadows are nice and the hat is fantastic. Plus, looks like you had a great model!

    ReplyDelete