Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hawk Creek Trail - Sold

6/24/10 "Hawk Creek Trail", 9" x 9", Oil
Now I'm really going back to find something to post this week while I am gone.  This was one of the Eastern Washington paintings from the beginning of May.  We came out to this creek--the light was pretty flat, everything seemed pretty gray and I was thinking there was nothing to paint, until I turned around and looked up creek and the sun lit up the path to the falls, which I didn't paint, because this was the spot.  I probably won't be posting again for a couple of days because I will be traveling.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see this landscape. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting Kathryn, it is amazing how subjects appear just when we've given up on finding anything interesting. Love how you handled the greens in this.

    ReplyDelete