Saturday, December 3, 2016

Lopez Island Cliff - NFS


"Lopez Island Cliff", 8 x 10 In, Oil on Museum Board

After working on our neighborhood issue related to the proposed industrial geoduck operation in Zangle Cove for so many hours the last three months, I finally went through my photos on a rainy day in my studio, got out my paints and brushes and did what actually makes me feel good--paint! It was Alison Engle, a family member who lives on San Juan Island, who wondered if it was Watmough Bay. The San Juan's are magical islands in the northern part of Puget Sound and yes, our Plein Air Washington group was painting there maybe in 2012.

NFS

1 comment:

  1. Something magical about your use of all the blues in this one, Kathryn. It is a beautiful and restorative painting.

    ReplyDelete