Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Coupeville Wharf



"Coupeville Wharf", 10 x 12 In, Oil on Museum Board

I painted this same scene years ago in a plein air competition and won an award, so I was scared silly doing it again. But the fact is, every painting is different--the tide at the very least is different, not to speak of the state of mind and feelings. The hand is different as well, as strange as that is. I always think I will just progress in some direction, but its not to be--the direction takes its own turns.

Purchase this unframed painting.

Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

3 comments:

  1. Coupeville Wharf - That dash of orange in the foreground left - juxtaposed against the dark of the jetty - sets the viewer's eye in motion - and weaves it's way along the planks - out to the water. kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to see a familiar place painted by an artists who's work you admire. Very nice Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete