Sunday, December 30, 2012

Cold on the River - SOLD

"Cold on the River, Port Alberni", 11 x 14 In, Oil on Museum Board
Because of some ongoing issues, I have not been painting at the rate and intensity that I have for so many years. So I thought that rather than not posting at all, I would post some older work. This is a painting of a a town in British Columbia. It was sold years ago at a show on the East Coast where it won a prize.

I want to thank everyone who has followed my blog over the last three years. I have found both friendship and support from you! I wish you all the best for the New Year and that we will all continue to find our way as artists--wherever our paths lead.

Thank you!
Kathryn

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful grays, really a lovely painting. It definitely deserved a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know your work a few years ago but this one is a beauty and it has a great abstract feel to it. YOU are such a good artist it is always a pleasure to see your work so I am pleased you are going to show your older pieces while your "issues" are being resolved. Just hoping your health is good.
    Wishing you a wonderful and creatively satisfying New year,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the grays and subtle temperature changes in this one.

    I look forward to all your posts. They always inspire!
    Happy New Year to you. Wishing you a happy, healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful painting, Kathryn!
    Fritz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully moody and atmospheric! Well deserved award!

    Wishing you and yours the best in the new year Kathryn! I look forward to painting with you at some of the PAWA paint outs!

    Also, linking you to my blog...=]

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great painting it is! I can see why it is sold.
    Good luck through these issues, you are strong and you are good and you are the best and... happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all--I really appreciate your comments. I'm working on my health and hope to get back to painting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful subtle rich tones and exciting drama in sky with multiple smokestacks as We'llassistance a reflection...wow to the composition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops forgot to preview last comment ~ automatic spelling on iPad ...meant to come out "as well as a reflection".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this painting. Great atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete