Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Utah Backroad

"Utah Backroad", 10 x 12 In, Oil on Museum Board
Just like the Alaska photos, sometimes I like to pull out the photos from our Utah trip a couple of years ago. I painted every day driving through south central Utah and my favorite areas were the Grand Staircase Escalante and Capitol Reef National Park, both without the tourist buses of Bryce. The Esclante is vast and we rented a jeep from a local guy that had a GPS device with locations of Indian ruins--and the GPS was also in case we got lost! Capitol Reef is an amazing 100 mile long waterpocket fold in the earth running north and south.

Purchase this unframed painting.
Contact me if you would like to purchase a plein air frame.

3 comments:

  1. Not only do you go to wonderful places, you always manage to do beautiful renditions of them in paintings. Win, win situation I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda and Blance--I really appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete