Welcome to my Studio!


Daily Oil Paintings of Kathryn Townsend. The paintings posted on this blog are a journal of process. Daily practice, exploration and experimentation are the life blood of the artist's way.

All images are copyright of Kathryn Townsend Website: http://KathrynTownsend.com

“A man learns to skate by staggering around making a fool of
himself: indeed he progresses in all things by making a fool of
himself.” --George Bernard Shaw


Friday, October 7, 2011

Tower Above St. Mary Lake

"Tower Above St. Mary Lake", 8 x 10, Oil on Museum Board
The second day at St. Mary Lake was hazy because of forest fires. We hiked about a mile and a half to a spot on the lake where there was a view up the valley.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your plein air paintings. I think this is my favorite so far. Love the colors in the sky. It's very warm, which is what I think appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete